Hello lovely readers! I’ve decided I want to do a post every month where I highlight 11 things that happened that month, so let’s jump right into it!
- I figured out how to do these cute braids in my hair. (But unfortunately I still haven’t figured out a decent selfie)
2. On August 7th, we dropped my brother off at the MTC, and three weeks later he left for Canada to serve a two year LDS mission. I miss him like crazy but I’m so proud of him for serving!
3. August 11th was me and my babe’s one year anniversary! I appreciate and love my man so much and it was so fun to celebrate with him. I wrote a blog post about things I’ve learned from one year of marriage should you care to check it out.
4. To celebrate one year, E and I went on a little getaway to St George that was so much fun and so relaxing! We saw some cute desert plants, swam a bunch and stuffed ourselves with delicious Thai food so it was basically perfect.
5. While I’m on the subject of my cute husband, he hit 200 subscribers on his YouTube channel and I am soo proud of him! He makes amazing LEGO creations like this cute one he made me (except most of the stuff he makes is war related and way more manly haha)
6. I finished learning Photoshop at school and it was a lot of fun! Learning new skills through my digital media class has been really rewarding so far.
7. I started bullet journaling! I’m hoping to do more blog posts about bullet journaling in the future when I have it down a little bit more, but it’s something I’ve always wanted to do but just been too perfectionistic to start haha. All the bullet journal spreads I’ve seen have always looked so gorgeous and I’m not the best at being artsy and cute in that way so it always intimidated me, but I got start with a few spreads and it’s been a lot of fun! Let me know if you’d want to see a blog post on it
8. My current obsession is scrolling Pinterest, particularly for cute house things and dreaming about the day when I’ll have a house
9. I got my wisdom teeth out last week. I purposefully didn’t take any pictures of that event but needless to say I’m glad it’s over with and I’m feeling better now
10. My hubby and I have been enjoying swimming in a lake that’s near our house, and soaking up the last bits of summer before it’s gone.
11. I’m feeling excited and hoping to hit a giant refresh button on my life as we approach my absolute favorite season of the year!