Happy New Year and new decade! I’ve always loved the feeling of a fresh start that a new year brings. To me there’s something intoxicating about it, and I can’t help but believe that the turning of the year brings some kind of magic with it, some sort of good luck and new energy. I love the opportunity it provides to reflect on what has been learned over the past 365 days, to compare the present to the past and see how far I’ve come, but also to set intentions and goals for the next year, to remind myself of what my core values in life truly are. So I thought it would be only appropriate to share a few of the goals/intentions that I’ve made going into 2020.
- Make better use of my time. This one might be the most important. It mainly involves taking regular breaks and limiting my time on social media, but it also includes using the time away from it productively. This year I want to be ultra aware of the way I’m using all of my extra time and make sure that it is productive, whether I’m consciously choosing to allow myself some free time/entertainment, or whether I’m using it to do something creative and work towards finding my purpose in life, I want to make sure that I’m not just idly passing time. If there’s anything I learned in 2019, it’s that free time is precious and I want to make sure that I’m using it wisely, in the way that will best further my goals and make me the happiest.
- Do more creative things and things that make me happy. In 2020, I want to make sure that I’m making time for things that are creative, constructive and good for my soul. In the past, I spent entirely too much time consuming as I’m sure most of us do these days, and I want to spend more time creating than I do consuming, whether that be through writing, blogging, painting or building LEGOs with my husband.
- Broaden my mind. In 2020, I want to also spend a lot of time reading books of all kinds. I want to add a lot of leadership/self development books to my “have read” list, and with my new position at work I definitely will be as that is encouraged. But I also want to make sure I’m taking time to read poetry and fiction since it is so so helpful and inspirational to my own creative writing journey. I recently read the book The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo and it was soo insanely inspiring that I was launched into this intensive wave of writing and working on my novel that I’m still sort of on. The goal that I have to help me achieve this is to read two books a month, one fiction and one non fiction.
- Focus on my faith. One of my goals for 2020 is to dive deeply into my faith and spend regular time reading scriptures and praying. In the past I have been SO bad at doing this consistently and I hope to come up with a plan that will help me find joy in spending time with God and focusing on faith.
- Self care and health. For my self care and health goals, I mainly just want to make sure I’m doing something active every single day, no matter how small or quick. I feel best in my body when I’m regularly moving it so from taking walks on my break to doing pilates and yoga in the evenings I’m hoping to make it an even more consistent habit than it has been in the past. I also want to start taking vitamins, specifically magnesium to help make sure I’m getting all the nutrients I need, and do at least one thing per week to heighten my appearance, whether it’s a facial, doing my nails or just shaving my legs, I want to make sure I’m attending to my physical appearance as well.
And there you have it! Most of these goals are things I’ve been wanting to incorporate for a long time and that I know are important to me, but viewing the new year as a way to re-focus on the things you know are important is a great way to stick to your goals. If you’ve read this far, comment what your resolutions are! I’d love to hear them.
7 thoughts on “2020”
Those are some very good goals! I have a goal to reach 1000 subscribers on my YouTube channel this year. I also want to read more in my free time.
Thanks for sharing with us!
Thanks for reading and commenting ❤
Wow!! I could just copy and paste what you wrote, I love your goals. Pretty much al of your goals are very similar to mine. The ways that I feel must fulfilled in creating is through loving my family and creating with plants and food. I hope to create more fun connecting times with my family and to create a beautiful forest garden in our backyard. Thank you for your inspiration 💕
Thanks so much for reading it you are so kind ❤ I feel like my goals must be pretty good ones then 😉
Very inspiring! Thanks for sharing❤ I have a few goals for the new year:
Follow a system to keep home company ready
Learn to love running
Love that! Thanks for sharing your goals ❤